*they really do eat with chopsticks
*I didn't see a single spring roll while I was there
*Sichuan food is hot
*Sichuan summer is hotter than the food
*this website (and any blogspot) is blocked in China, as is Wikipedia
*Chinese students are huge NBA fans
*don't drink the tap water, but it's OK to brush your teeth
*Beijing residents rarely see the sun, due to the smoggy haze
*When you're a white person in a small town, you have movie-star status
*Sprite in Chinese sounds like shway-bee
*fresh fruit is served with any large meal
*ice cream bars come in flavors like green pea and red bean
*I can only eat about half of a green pea or red bean ice cream bar before I get sick of the taste
*there is a sweet dessert sold on the street that is a cousin of Mexican flan
*McDonalds sells pies not just in apple, but also sweet taro and pineapple
*you can pet a panda for a mere 400 RMB (approx $50) ...I didn't
*if you don't speak chinese, and your taxi driver doesn't speak english...you may not end up where you wanted to go
*in case of the above, find the closest 4-star hotel and enlist the help of the concierge
*don't buy a suitcase in Luxian for 100 RMB and expect it to get back home in one piece...(poor Steve)
No comments:
Post a Comment