Tuesday, October 18, 2011
He is faithful
I just want to take this opportunity to let you know that God is faithful, and He can be trusted. My internship with EMI ended in the middle of May of this year...about five months ago. In these five months, God has provided me with the funds to cover my essential bills. A great deal of that has come through my parents, and I am so thankful for their help. However, my two insurance payments - health insurance and car insurance - I have not asked them nor do I want them to cover. Each month, God has provided the $300 (approximately) to cover these payments. Sometimes through savings, sometimes through the generosity of a friend, sometimes through a timely loan. It never seems to be the same way twice, and it usually comes within the last few days, right before the amount is to be deducted automatically from my checking account. This month, I was chatting with a friend who is unemployed (as I am) and I never would have guessed for her to be my answer to prayer. When I briefly shared with her my situation, she asked how much I needed and was able to loan me cash on the spot. Praise God! Both of us knew it was totally a God thing, that she was meant to stand in the gap for me this month. God is faithful. Even when I have my doubts that the money will be there on time...even when my ideas for how he might answer my prayer result in disappointment. He is still faithful. All I need to do is listen for His direction. One month I knew i needed to take the money out of savings. Another month, I knew that I just needed to wait. Another month, I knew that I needed to approach my parents and ask for a loan with a quick payback. Each time, the payment was covered without an overdraft on my account. Each month has been yet another lesson in waiting and trusting. The provision of the Lord is very real. I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment