Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Another Crossroad

Maybe I'll become an annual blogger. That's likely a goal I can live up to! Haha.
So, I have been an intern at Engineering Ministries International (EMI) for eight months, and it has been great! I traveled to Zambia last fall, and helped design a Bible School. I made a friend from New Zealand, and swam in the top of Victoria Falls. This spring I traveled to Kenya to help design a hospital. No crazy waterfall stories, but I surveyed in the midst of a herd of cows and several kids trying to distract me. And I saw a few lions when we went on Safari.
Now it's time to start looking ahead. What will I do after my internship ends in May? Just when the job market is not so great, I'm joining the ranks of the unemployed and looking.
I talked it through my mentor last week, and I think I'm going to start looking for engineering jobs. Yeah, go figure. The girl that avoided the industry for so long (eight years), might actually try to be a bonifide engineer.
I'm going to look for a small firm. That's the only way I'll be able to justify it. I can't live in the middle of a cubicle maze...I'd die within months.
Know anyone looking for an entry level mechanical engineer?

No comments: