Sunday, April 26, 2009

First post in seven months!?

A friend of mine posted on facebook that she was feeling very productive because she had posted to her blog for the first time in four months. I left a comment to let her know that four months was nothing in my blogging timeline.
I wonder if anyone is still reading this. If not, I don't blame you. There are more interesting things to do with your time than constantly check a blog that NEVER gets updated. I understand.
But, in case there is still anyone out there who does actually care, here is an update just for you!
At the end of January, I was privileged to be in my cousin LeeAnn's wedding. I was absolutely worried that I was going to freeze my derriere in a sleeveless, knee-length dress and sandals. However, the temperature in the church and the reception hall was kept warm enough that I did not freeze. The ceremony was beautiful, the bride was gorgeous, and everything went well. Her colors were brown and orange. It might sound rather odd, but it actually worked quite well. Our dresses were brown (a very pretty brown) and we carried bouquets of orange roses.
On the plane ride back to Colorado, I sat next to a guy from Indiana. When snacks were handed out, I gave him my peanuts and he struck up a conversation. To make a short story even shorter, I found out he was a single Christian coming to CO for a job interview. Before we got off the plane, he asked for and received my phone number. He didn't get the job out here, but we've kept up an email correspondance for almost three months now. Don't know if it will lead to anything romantic, but it's kind of fun having a pen pal in another state.

No comments: