Thursday, October 25, 2007

Disappointed, but not discouraged

OK, so it was ugly. It was a rout. It was painful to watch. Last night's Game 1 against the Red Sox...well, let's just be thankful that it is now in the past.

On to better things: Game 2 is tonight. Yesterday, if you had asked me my prediction for the World Series, I would have said Rockies in 5. I meant to post it here yesterday, but I didn't get around to it. (Yeah, I know, famous last words...nobody will believe me except my coworker.) I didn't really want to say it, because I didn't want the Rox to lose even 1 game. But, I had a feeling that they would.

Anyway, I still say Rockies in 5. Why? Because. They're going to win, and they're going to win big. I just know. Did you hear the response from the players and Clint Hurdle last night? No excuses. They didn't blame it on the 8 days off; didn't blame it on the rain; didn't blame it on the Green Monster. They blamed themselves. Wow. I wish most of the nation could take a lesson from those guys...probably myself included. So often, we're quick to point the finger, and claim "it wasn't my fault!" They also pointed out that it was only one game. Tonight they get another chance. And, as we all know, it ain't over 'til it's over.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Rockies in five.

Play ball!

No comments: