Monday, December 04, 2006

Family

As of today, I have decided that this blog will no longer be solely dedicated to my trip to China. After all, the trip was only two weeks in length - I can only talk about it for so long. So, on to other news:

As I am writing this, my cousin LeeAnn is currently on a plane headed to London. She will be there for 15 hours, then she will fly to Kampala, Uganda, Africa. She will be there for the next 8 months or so. To find out why she is going and what she will be doing, check out her blog: Africa LeeAnn.

Last weekend, after Thanksgiving, I flew out to Kansas City to spend some time with my Grandma, my cousin, and my aunt and uncle. It was just a few days, but it was an awesome time. I know that some people complain of their extended families, but I have been truly blessed by this branch of my family. I have always lived at least a five-hour drive away, but when I visit I am reminded of where I came from. It is especially noticeable when I go alone, without my parents. I can clearly see the similarities in personality between my grandma and myself. I can see the strong physical resemblance between my uncle and my dad. I have this strong sense of belonging that just envelops me. The ties are made even stronger because we share the same faith. It was really refreshing to spend the weekend with them. Praise the Lord for my family!

No comments: