So sorry I have gone three weeks without anything new. But, this should be a fun surprise.
While I was in China, I was intrigued by the language. I wanted to know what all the symbols meant; it was frustrating to be illiterate. In addition, I figured it would be impossible to learn how to speak it, with all their different tones and strange sounds.
Curiosity got the best of me, so I signed up for a community education Mandarin Chinese class. It started last week and meets every Tuesday evening for 10 weeks. The instructor is very good. Of course she is from China, and taught Mandarin Chinese there before coming to America. So far, it has been a lot of fun. (Especially since my friend Meg signed up for the class too!) I am learning a few characters, and we've covered the simple phrases. We've even got homework. Oh, that reminds me! I'd better go study....
No comments:
Post a Comment